Some of the committees that are simulated within KMUNs events throughout the year are:
● United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
● The Disarmament and International Security Committee (DISEC).
● United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
● Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
● United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)
● United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
● The Social, Humanitarian, and Cultural Committee (SOCHUM)
● The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UNWomen)
● The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
● The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GA
- Identification of relevant issues and agenda within the mandates of their committees, programmes or specialized agencies (or any other body under simulation) to be discussed by delegates during Mock Debates, Inter-Varsity debates & Conference.
Chairing and steering debate sessions - GA Bureau members serve as chairs, co- chairs, committee secretaries and perform the roles of rapporteurs within committee sessions.
- Training Kenya - MUN Chapters - GA Bureau members, under the command of the Head(s) of Training conduct training on all matters pertinent to the General Assembly for chapters assigned to them on behalf of the President of the General Assembly and the Deputy PGA.
- Promoting international co-operation in the political field and encouraging the progressive development of international law and its codification;
- Promoting international co-operation in the economic, social, cultural, educational, and health fields, and assisting in the realization of human rights and fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion;
- Caucus, negotiate and use diplomatic measures to adopt decisions aimed at solving crises;
Receive, consider and/or take decisions on reports or recommendations from other organs of KenyaMUN;
- Perform any other such duties in conformity with the KenyaMUN constitution.
Meet the Team
The Presidents of the Assembly
The General Assembly is led by a President and their Deputy in all its operations.
Patience Mwangi, President of the General Assembly (PGA)
"Don't settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whenever it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had."
Jemmy M. Kamau , Deputy President of the General Assembly (DPGA)
"Stop doubting yourself work hard and make it happen"
The Rules of Procedure
The Rules of Procedure were established to provide governance over debates, ensuring that discussions are conducted in an honorable and secure manner. They may differ slightly depending on the MUN in which you are participating, so it is always best to consult the Rules of Procedure Booklet that your MUN provides. You can download KenyaMUN's Rules of Procedure from the link provided below.